Wednesday, September 22, 2010

a hunger for words

I once read that we all have a hunger that is hard to name. After a bit of reflection I decided that for me, the hunger is words.

I hunger for the written word and have an overflowing bookcase to prove it. I cheerily walk right past the shoe shop and the bakery to enter my personal sense of heaven... a bookshop. I can spend hours browsing... and savouring... and admiring...  So many words flowing from so many beautiful minds. What a trip!  What a blessing!

The highway to my heart is poetry. Write me a moon poem and I'm yours...

Silent Night

under stars
you and i
full moon
waves lapping the shore
tropical breeze feels
delicious on the naked skin
yours and mine
all night to get to know you
the taste and smell
and sound of your pleasure
mingled with
night creatures
witnessing in wonder
our wonder
our meeting
our slow exploration
of one another
bodies
minds
tastes
sounds
smells
feel of skin on skin


join me

© 2010 Wingpoem

No comments:

Post a Comment